Sunday, March 10, 2013

*REVIEW* DUST(Book 1 Dust and Darkness Trilogy) By DEVON ASHLEY


                                   DUST(Book 1 Dust and Darkness Trilogy) By DEVON ASHLEY\
                                                            Release Date-Sept 2012

4. The number of times my delicate wings have been broken and clamped behind my back.
68. The number inked upon my skin, marking me the sixty-eighth pixie to be stolen.
87. The number of days I’ve been wrongfully imprisoned.
88. The first day the faeries will regret stealing me.

Healthy. Cheery. Vivacious. All traits Rosalie has before becoming enslaved by the faeries to make an endless supply of pixie dust. Now that Rosalie has been traumatized by slave labor, extreme desolate conditions and multiple deaths, this hardened pixie is anything but. When this rebellious teenager attempts an escape, she’s isolated in cramped quarters until she learns her place. Just as she begins to let go of all that hope, she finds an unlikely friend in Jack, the faerie assigned to guard her. Interspecies dating is forbidden in the fae world, so their growing attraction is unacceptable. And even if Jack can find a way to free her, they know the prison is the only place they can truly be together.

Book ONE of the Of Dust and Darkness trilogy.

----------------
REVIEW
5 STARS

Dust is a story of a Pixie called Rosalie who is captured and forced into slave labor.She tries to flee and is put into a lockdown area so to speak where she meets Jack.Jack is a Fairy and Rosalie is a pixie.They dont mix.This was a first fairy book for me and what an adventure it was.The emotions were all there.Everytime Rosalie's wings were broken I flinched.Devon Ashley knows how to write emotionally.I think my issue was the quickness of the read and how the book ended at what felt like its Climax.It just kind of was a real bummer to get to this certain part in the book and then it end,slightly disappointing.Im giving this book 5 stars because of the way the well the writing was and how in-tuned to the characters I was.I will admit I am disappointed that Book 2 is not out and that I cannot even find a summary of it.I hope it is not to much longer.All in All a GREAT fairy read.

No comments:

Post a Comment