Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Slammed-Colleen Hoover

 Layken Cohen's eighteenth year is proving to be the ultimate test of her resolve.

Following the death of her father, she is forced to move across the country after the start of her senior year. Just when she thinks all hope is lost, she meets her new neighbor, Will Cooper. An intriguing twenty-one year old with a passion for Slam Poetry.  Through their similar pasts, Layken and Will form an immediate and intense connection.  A connection neither of them knew they needed, until they found it. 
Unfortunately for Layken, the cards just aren't in her favor.  She is slammed to the core when a shocking revelation proves that a relationship between the two won't work. 

It can't work.

Forced to interact on a daily basis, Layken and Will struggle to find a balance between that which keeps them apart and the feelings that pull them together. 

And that's only the beginning.

Slammed is a 70,000 word young adult novel that intertwines heartache with humor, desires with ethics, and ultimately proves that the harsh reality of death can sometimes be overcome by the beauty of life.

 --------------------------------
**REVIEW**

  
   I kept hearing people talk about Slammed.Slammed this..Slammed that.I felt the need to slam a door!I kid I kid.But I digress.I read the first chapter and from there I was literally sucked in.If I had been able to go into my bedroom lock the door and have someone take care of my Minions I would have just to finish the book.However being the good parent I am I waited not so patiently for their bedtime.
  Lake and Will were definitely put in one of those awkward situations.I mean come on You fall for this guy only to go to school and find he is your teacher!Its not like feelings can just be turned off like a light switch.Both Lake and Will deal with adult issues and are very mature for their age.I also fell in love with the secondary characters as well.Colleen Hoover wrote a very well written boo..I love when an Author writes a book that while I am reading Im drawn into the story so that the world outside disappears.
  Finally,I feel the need to say Take a Bow..You have written an excellent book.This is write up there for me with Beautiful Disaster By Jamie Mcquire and thats a big deal in my Book.Keep on doing what you are doing!

Finally Slammed is available HERE on Amazon.Her 2nd in this Series is Called Point of Retreat once you are finished with Slammed you can Purchase Point of Retreat HERE.

I sincerely hope you take the time to read this series.Its wonderful and totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment