Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Year I Almost Drowned By Shannon McCrimmon

In this continuation of "The Summer I Learned to Dive," nineteen-year old Finley “Finn” Hemmings is living in Graceville, South Carolina with her grandparents. She's getting to know the family that she was separated from for the last sixteen years. Finn and Jesse's relationship seems to be going strong until they're forced to deal with obstacles that throw them off-track. As Finn prepares to leave for college, she has to say goodbye to the town, her friends and family, and the way of life that she has grown to love.

At college, Finn tries to acclimate to a new setting, but quickly falls into an old pattern. Just as things start to become normal and Finn begins to fit in, something unexpected happens that takes her back to Graceville where she is forced to deal with one challenge after another. Her world nearly collapses, and she finds herself struggling to keep from drowning. Through it all, Finn discovers the power of love and friendship. She learns what it means to follow her heart and to stay true to what she wants, even if what she wants isn't what she originally planned.

--------------------------------
REVIEW
5 STARS
I love The Summer I Learned to Dive...The Summer I Almost Drowned is the continuation of this series...and it was simply amazing.Finn has been spending more time with her Grandparents and Loving life with her Boyfriend Jessie..Who is pretty amazing. As with most reviews I try not to post spoilers.This book has sad moments..there were several.It has happy moments and it has super duper sigh happy moments.I love the way Shannon McCrimmon writes..the way she writes..it flows so well..its easy to read and your able to get lost in the book.I love getting lost in a book..don't you?I love the decision Finn makes at the end.I think it is perfect for her.I hope and will beg Shannon if I have to for More..at least one more to finish it up..pretty please?I also am going to have to beg for more books from Shannon.I love her work and I look forward to reading more!If you are wanting a great series..Read The Summer I Learned to Dive and Then The Summer I Almost Drowned.I was given a copy of The Summer I Almost Drowned for an honest review.

You can Purchase The Summer I almost Drowned HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment