Thursday, January 31, 2013

Author/Book Spotlight: Rachel A Olson

                 Today on LeBookSquirrel We are VERY proud to be Spotlighting Rachel A. Olson!!!!

                                        
                       
Is love worth having even if it's not meant to be kept?

After a series of strange and deadly events, Fia Dannii discovers what it is truly like to live after death. Stuck in the in-between, Fia sets out to discover what in life she missed that would be preventing her from passing on. When Dion walks into her life after death, Fia struggles to believe that he holds the key to her afterlife, and her heart. Fia has to choose between loving Dion or walking the earth forever as an entity, stuck in the in-between.




                           Excerpts from The Seventh Layer: 
                                (Excerpts are in no particular order)
 **He managed to maintain a certain gentleness as he devoured me in a desperate kiss, arduously grinding his prominence into my half numb thigh. My skin began to itch, then tingle, and finally burn. I arched into him as his velvety lips worked down my neck and lingered along my collarbone. His hands with nimble fluidity swiftly removed every article I wore. Raw desire undulated through my veins and pooled in my quivering belly. I was so swept up by the tides of Gianni’s manipulations that I didn’t notice how quickly he’d removed his own accouterment until I felt the blazing satin that was his skin, sliding seductively against my own.



**The facet behind my eyelids turned to flame, reddish orange swooping and spinning like the world around me. Bright white light engulfed me, my body lifting into the air. I couldn't open my eyes, couldn't bare to see the carnage that festered in the emergency room, but the rampant pounding of someone else's heartbeat put a murmur in my own. Undeniable warmth filled me to the brim, insatiable love reverberating from the fire and light.

**“I do not belong in your bed.” I could feel his discomfort, the fire behind my lids quivered nervously.
“Don't be obtuse, Abrax. I'm already on the threshold of sleep. We aren't without our clothes and aren't attempting any sort of horizontal dancing.”





                                          Is love worth having even if it's not meant to be kept?

After a series of strange and deadly events, Fia Dannii discovers what it is truly like to live after death. Stuck in the in-between, Fia sets out to discover what in life she missed that would be preventing her from passing on. When Dion walks into her life after death, Fia struggles to believe that he holds the key to her afterlife, and her heart. Fia has to choose between loving Dion or walking the earth forever as an entity, stuck in the in-between.




                          Excerpts from Love During Death: 
                                       (Excerpts are in no particular order)

**“If you keep swooning like that, I’m going to wonder if you’ve ever been on a real date.” He buried his nose in her hair again and pulled her closer to him as they walked through the front door of one of Fia’s favorite chicken wing joints. “Stop being so damn delicious and I’ll stop swooning,” Fia said under her breath.
“I heard that.”

**“No matter what anyone says, I believe that love happens sooner rather than later. It’s the trials and tribulations of life in a relationship that test the strength of that love, not its validity.”No matter what anyone says, I believe that love happens sooner rather than later. It’s the trials and tribulations of life in a relationship that test the strength of that love, not its validity.”

**“Mmhmm. And once you’re given clearance to leave, I’m taking you to my home, and I’m not letting you leave my bed.” Fia giggled, heat rushing to her cheeks.

ABOUT RACHEL:
 Picture
Book Signing - The Seventh Layer 9/15/2012

I first discovered my passion for writing when I was in 4th grade. I wrote a children's story for a school project about a man who created his own pet - a blob that ate everything. Little did I know that the entire school was participating in this project, not just my class. When deadline came, all books were sent to a group of college students, who then read and rated them. It became a big event at the school. Parents came to listen to students' stories read aloud, some kids winning prizes for individuality, penmanship, grammar, the works. I sat patiently as they announced the winners, knowing in my heart of hearts that my book was nothing special. Then came the grand prize. The student who had the best book out of the entrire elementary school. The top dog. My mind raced with name after name of who I thought should win. Never once did I ever think it would be me. They had to repeat my name three times. I heard them every time, but was in too much shock to make my legs work.

Where you Can Find Rachel!!!!

Website: http://rachelaolson.com
Blog: http://parasupernormalism.blogspot.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/AuthorRachelAolson
Goodreads: http://goodreads.com/authorrachelaolson
Twitter: http://twitter.com/whitesouljamma
Amazon: http://amazon.com/author/rachelaolson

No comments:

Post a Comment