Friday, April 6, 2012

Becoming a ButterFly By Mia Castile Review


http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12607835-becoming-a-butterfly

Becoming a ButterFly By Mia Castile 


16 years old Lacey was never the center of attention, unless she was tripping, stammering, or being deposited into a pool by the local popular kids. All she wanted was to fit in, until one night when everything changed.
Jade and Tasha, her two best friends, helped her create an online personality that was everything she wanted to be - and it was only the beginning. In doing so she attracted the attention of Henry, her lifelong crush and next door neighbor. Unfortunately it was Farrah her online personality and not herself he was interested in.
She also attracted Chase the brooding, quiet, anti-social new kid of Brownsburg High School, who easily figured out her secret and blackmailed her. They forged a friendship that was both unique and complicated.
Lacey must decide if revealing herself to Henry and her entire school as the cool, charming, and funny Farrah is worth possibly losing him forever, and she finds herself needing to make an even harder decision than she ever thought possible. When did the lines between truth and lies get so blurred?

Becoming a Butterfly is a story about coming of age and finding yourself when you never knew you were lost.

**This is a MATURE YA FICTION SERIES**



****REVIEW****May contain Spoilers!


     I was Given an eARC of this book to review.This is not the First book I've read by Mia Castle and certainly will not be the last. When I first started this book the name of the facebook type group for their high school reminded me of a movie I had seen on ABC family months ago.You meet Lacey,Lana,Her friends,Chase, Henry and others and realize she doesn't quite fit in with the other kids at school..especially the boy Henry that she has liked since Kindergarten.Henry...Well Henry and I dont get along...Im joking but honestly I just couldn't stand him.I loved Chase..He's a stand up guy.
    In this book you will see Lacey find herself.I think we have all felt like Lacey in high school..wanting to pretend we are something we are not.She is an amazing Young Adult she doesn't see herself as such but she is.This book does contain some mature subject matter but honestly its written so well that..I really dont feel it needed the label as the book was well written and the events were well played out in the story...but that is just my humble opinion.It's a wonderful to story that unfolds....I found putting the kindle down was not an option.Im am very much looking forward to book 2,Butterfly Kisses.I hope to read more about all of the characters.Last but not least..Trapper Keepers are awesome!

This is book worth reading and worth waiting for.Mia Castile Definitely wrote another winner and I hope you enjoy is as much as I did.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your kind words and taking the time to review my novel :)

    ReplyDelete