Sunday, April 8, 2012

Changing My Wardrobe-Deb Hanrahan

Lindsey, a high school freshman, views her new school as a place to start over. With the help of her friends, she hopes that a change in her wardrobe will prompt a change in her image. She has some success until her long-time nemesis, Avery, reminds Lindsey of her place. Without asking for help from the adults, the main character and her friends struggle to manage the bullying. Despite their efforts, tensions rise, and people get hurt. The ending of this book will leave the reader shocked and heartbroken.

Changing My Wardrobe is a cautionary tale about the immutable problem of bullying. This story not only looks at bullying from the victim's point of view but also explores the motives behind the aggressors’ actions. Changing My Wardrobe demonstrates the fluid and complex nature of bullying by shining a light on the contributing factor of social media





***REVIEW***

I really enjoyed reading this book.It was well written,It reminded me of high school to be honest.These issues are real and are coming to light more often.I will say at the end I felt the author had already ended the book and then surprised me.I thought all issues were resolved and I turn to the next chapter and was blown away.I personally feel the book could have ended without this ending and still be a good book..the ending was not needed.Sure you don't need happy endings all the time but when you resolve the issues then blindside a reader it plan out stinks.I know the author had her reasons im sure for ending the book as it did but like I said before the book could have ended without it or with an epilogue.But that is just my lowly opinion.  

No comments:

Post a Comment