Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Breakaway-Michelle Davidson Argyle

When Naomi Jensen is kidnapped, it takes her parents two days to realize she's missing. Escape isn't high on her list of priorities when all she has to return to is an abusive boyfriend and parents who never paid much attention to her. For the first time in her life she's part of a family-even if it is a family of criminals. But she's still a captive. In a desperate attempt to regain some control in her life, Naomi embarks on a dangerous plan to make one of her kidnappers think she's falling in love with him. The plan works too well, and when faced with the chance to escape, Naomi isn't sure she wants to take it. 


**REVIEW**Possible Spoilers


  Another new Author for me.When the story first takes place you meet Naomi when she is 17 and after she has been kidnapped.I was a bit surprised that Naomi did not fight her captors a bit more but then who knows what I would have done?Her mom bothered me...I don't care who you are If your child is kidnapped you do anything in your power to get them back. I have to wonder if Naomi's mother Karen had shown her some amount of affection perhaps she would have fought back and tried to escape.
  During the course of the book you meet Eric,Jesse,Evelyn and Steve.Honestly as much as I wanted to be angry at Evelyn,Steve and Jessie I couldnt.Eric,Well I had my moments of liking him until he had to go and be a jerk.During this book you will read about Naomi and Jesse's relationship.You know its wrong somewhat Stockholm Syndrome but then you can't help but enjoy seeing how it is going to play out and root for Jesse and Naomi.You will also meet Karen and Jason,Naomi's parents..who lack very much at parenting and finally you will know Brad who at the time of Her Kidnapping was her boyfriend.He is that type of guy that im sure looks good but isnt the kind you would want your daughter hanging out with.Especially how he treated Naomi.There was a part in the book that I had to cheer for Naomi that involves Brad.
  Overall,I seriously enjoyed this book.(Now for my not professional sounding fan girl moment).As in I could NOT put it down.As in I did NOT want it to stop.As in OH MY GOD why did you have to end it like that?I will be SORELY disappointed if there is not a sequel.Well Done Michelle Davidson Argyle.Bravo Bravo.I hope many many readers enjoy it as much as I have.


You can Purchase The book for Kindle HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment