Tuesday, May 8, 2012

What I Didn't Say-Keary Taylor

Getting drunk homecoming night your senior year is never a good idea, but Jake Hayes never expected it all to end with a car crash and a t-post embedded in his throat.

His biggest regret about it all? What he never said to Samantha Shay. He's been in love with her for years and never had the guts to tell her. Now it's too late. Because after that night, Jake will never be able to talk again.

When Jake returns to his small island home, population 5,000, he'll have to learn how to deal with being mute. He also finds that his family isn't limited to his six brothers and sisters, that sometimes an entire island is watching out for you. And when he gets the chance to spend more time with Samantha, she'll help him learn that not being able to talk isn’t the worst thing that could ever happen to you. Maybe, if she'll let him, Jake will finally tell her what he didn't say before, even if he can't actually say it.

------------------
**REVIEW**

   Oh My,I enjoyed this story so much Im at a loss for words on how to describe it.My words wont do the book justice.Jake goes to a party and makes a fateful decision to get into a car after drinking with his friends who have been drinking,An accident happens and Jake loses his ability to speak.Samantha,What a brave and wonderful girl,She is so strong.I am keeping the summary short and sweet as I do not want to post spoilers.It would be like someone opening a birthday present and as you open it the gift giver tells you what it is.
   Keary Taylor has written another winner.Is there anything she writes that isnt a winner?I think not.It's rare that you read the males point of view,Normally its always the female character and if not then it is back and forth.At first I was unsure how I would feel reading a males point of view,After reading this I can safely say Jake is an amazing Character and it an amazing perspective to read. I was so disappointed when it ended.I wanted to continue reading and reading about Jake and Samantha.Im an Epilogue person so I was hoping there was one but unfortunately there wasn't one.Perhaps we will be lucky enough to see a sequel?Wishful thinking on my part perhaps but the Story can easily be continued.
  Overall,The book deals with some big issues.Real issues that can happen.How the Characters reacted was real no over dramatics but real down to earth teens.Keary brought all of those issues to light.Teenage Drinking,drunk driving,consequences,depression,over coming obstacles.She was able to write about these issues and not harp on them,but let them flow gently through the words.I HIGHLY suggest reading What I Didnt Say.Highly suggest it.You Will NOT be sorry.

You can purchase What I Didnt Say  HERE on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment