Friday, February 8, 2013

*ARC REVIEW 5 STARS*The Trouble with Flirting By Claire LaZebnik




February 26, 2013
Franny's supposed to be working this summer, not flirting. But you can't blame her when guys like Alex and Harry are around. . . .
Franny Pearson never dreamed she'd be attending the prestigious Mansfield Summer Theater Program. And she's not, exactly. She's working for her aunt, the resident costume designer. But sewing her fingers to the bone does give her an opportunity to spend time with her crush, Alex Braverman. If only he were as taken with the girl hemming his trousers as he is with his new leading lady.
When Harry Cartwright, a notorious flirt, shows more than a friendly interest in Franny, she figures it can't hurt to have a little fun. But as their breezy romance grows more complicated, can Franny keep pretending that Harry is just a carefree fling? And why is Alex suddenly giving her those deep, meaningful looks? In this charming tale of mixed messages and romantic near-misses, one thing is clear: Flirting might be more trouble than Franny ever expected.

REVIEW
5 STARS

The Trouble With Flirting Was sent to me as an ARC for an honest review.

    The Trouble with Flirting takes place during summer when Franny who goes to a school where most of the students are well off has to work during the summer with her Aunt sewing costumes at Mansfield Summer Theater Program.While working there she gets back in touch with a friend,Julie and her Brother Alex,who at one time Franny had a crush on.Then Franny meets Harry,Isabella and several other amazing secondary characters.The story is very reminiscent of Jane Austen's Mansfield Park.
    First off, please let say how much I loved this story.I was literally glued to the book from start to finish. The conversations between Harry and Franny were hilarious.I'm not sure if its because of my sense of humor but they were just spot on.Each character was so well thought out and developed that the writing flowed so very smoothly.My heard did break for Franny for a small bit(I will refrain from saying why as not to spoil it..as I dislike spoilers).The ending was Super Sweet..Im one of those people that love to continue reading about characters even if their story is technically over so I would love to read about more about Harry and Franny..perhaps even their little group of friends.I am a huge Jane Austen Fan so I was able to see the inspiration of Mansfield Park in it and Claire LeZebnik was able to take it and make it her own version.
    If you are looking for an "I cant put this book down type" of read then give The Trouble with Flirting a chance.Its an amazing read and the dialogue is outstanding.Claire LeZebnik has without a doubt written another winner.

One of My Favorite quote from the book due to the scene was "Come as soon as you can,"I whisper in his ear."As soon as I can,"He promises.
  


No comments:

Post a Comment