Monday, June 3, 2013

*REVIEW*Nearly Broken By Devon Ashley


Nearly Broken
By Devon Ashley


We’d both gone missing at one point, but Claire had one thing I didn’t. Someone to notice. So why was I the one still here and she the one still gone?

Nineteen year old Megan Smith has spent the past year working in a small town diner in the middle of nowhere. Life is quiet, simple, safe. Then comes the news that her look-a-like has gone missing.

Claire.

Still damaged both physically and mentally, Megan's not looking to be noticed. Wherever she goes from here, it's a road she needs to take alone. But when Nickolas Ellis takes the job as the new nightshift cook, it scares her how easily her defenses crumble down, down, down for him. But there are secrets she can't bear to share with just anyone, unspeakable acts that continue to haunt, and when the similarities of Claire’s abduction couples with the fear of an unwanted visitor in town, the urge to run before it all happens again intensifies, threatening the only happiness Megan's ever found.

New Adult Romantic Suspense / Dark Realistic Fiction
Recommended for 17+ for mature and disturbing situations, language and sexual content.


http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17377345-nearly-broken

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D4C3US0/ref=cm_cr_mts_prod_img
----------
REVIEW
5 STARS

WHEW.Have you ever had a book move you so much your at a loss of words?Devon Ashley has done that.As I sit here with my head resting in my hands trying to get my head around this book Im wondering how I will be able to put into words how I feel about this Exquisite work of art. photo tumblr_mnua5t4NA71rhsjzko1_500.gifI feel like I need a stiff drink after reading Nearly Broken.This will take me a few days to get over.Deep Breath.This is the story of Megan Smith.Something bad has happened to Megan.Something horrible.Something happened to Claire.What happened to Claire?Megan wishes she could help the girl who came in looking for Claire.At Megan's Job a new cook Nick begans working and draws Megan out of her shell.What she finds out about Nick will literally turn her upside down.But there is a large question looming,Who is Claire and what happened to Her?
 This is not my first book by Devon Ashley and it certainly will not be my last.This is not an easy read.But it is a must read.It is not pretty.In fact its nitty gritty.The fact of the matter is she wrote about something that most do not talk about,that needs to be brought to light.Human Trafficking is a horrible thing.Devon wrote this book so well that I literally had to step away from the book at the epilogue due to my emotions being at an all time high.I would LOVE to read a sequel to this story so I can see the progress Megan and Nick have made. You have a standing Ovation from me Devon.You have done yourself proud and I will continue to read anything you write. 
 photo tumblr_ltt532dkYg1qealqho1_500.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment