Monday, March 18, 2013

*BOOK SPOTLIGHT*The Earth Painter By Melissa Turner Lee

When a self-conscious young woman discovers the boy in drama class is actually the immortal who painted the world into being, she becomes the target of another painter who hates humanity. The Earth Painter is a Young Adult Supernatural Romance set in the small mill town of Chesnee, SC. It revolves around Holly Scruggs, who's family has just moved back to Chesnee after her dad lost his job along with pretty much everything they owned. Her image conscious parents correct her to the point of brokenness until she meets Theo. He is the artist responsible for all the beauty of the land and he thinks Holly is beautiful too. Together they will fight against Fritz, the water painter who hates humans and is hiding a secret under the high school.


Guest Post by Melissa Turner Lee


I’ve always loved anything weird or different. As a child I loved The Twilight Zone. Anything strange or bizarre got my attention. In school I loved studying Edgar Allen Poe's work. I've always loved romance too. Until recently, a story could be one or the other. I’m thrilled to be writing in a time when Paranormal Romance is so popular. I can make a story about falling in love, but with that extra twist that keeps it from being the same-old-same-old.
The Earth Painter is my first attempt and it is different even for the genre. No vampires, angels or lycanthropes. My story has painters—immortal painters who were once given the job of painting the world into being. And then there is Holly, a human girl who becomes aware of it all and falls in love with a painter named Theo. But it’s more than a love story. Holly discovers who she is, what she is meant for and her own beauty. Plus she lives the everyday life of a teen. Her best friend has issues that impact Holly in a serious way. And Holly’s mom is a piece of work. Never in my life have I only had one issue at a time, so I write my character’s lives the same way. There are lots of layers.
So if you like your romance with a twist of different, or your different with a twist of romance, either/or, then I hope you will try my book, The Earth Painter. It’s like peanut butter with chocolate. They are great alone but together they are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment